25 July 2011

take me out to the ball game...

Another time, maybe? After sitting all day in the worst lecture hall we've been assigned, I joined 3 classmates to go to a Braves game. Well, we TRIED to go to the game. It was starting to rain when we left Chipotle, pouring by the time we parked the car.

Here're Mackenzie and me waiting in the pouring rain for Ryan to pick up tickets from will call.
We were trying to hide behind Ben to stay dry but it didn't really help.

We stood around inside under cover for a while, watching the lightning, listening to the thunder, and hoping they'd start uncovering the infield so the game could start. Finally, when it settled down to merely sprinkling, a crew went out and looked like they were getting things moving.

We went and sat in our soaking wet seats. Ryan and Ben were both better prepared for the rain with jackets instead of the sweatshirts Mackenzie and I had.

Unfortunately, the rain let loose again and we decided to leave when it became obvious the game wouldn't start till after 9 pm. We DO have class at 8 am tomorrow, after all.

I did come home to another care package, though. THANKS, JUDY! A Cal binder and home made brownies - what more could I ask?

The game is 3-0 (Pittsburgh) right now at the bottom of the 6th. I guess it wouldn't have been the most fun game to watch anyway. Okay, I just looked again and the bases are loaded! It could get exciting now...

No comments:

Post a Comment