23 July 2011

it's over!

Well, the past week (and a half) was supposed to be the toughest week of our entire 3 year program. I certainly hope it was, because 8 exams in 9 days was exhausting.

On Monday, the class was surprised with a care package from our parents with a note from our "big" - one of the second year DPT students with whom we've been paired. It contained snacks, a t-shirt, and a few random school supplies. For me, the most immediately helpful was a number 2 pencil - I'd actually forgotten mine!

I combined studying and gardening briefly:
The plastic skeleton hand was very helpful for studying both anatomy and kinesiology, but I had it out most for kinesiology. My second tomato happened to ripen during those days, so I was introduced to tomato sandwiches - they're YUMMY!

Here's a picture of my large dining table while studying anatomy... covered with drawings of the brachial plexus and branches off the axillary artery, Frank Netter's Atlas of Human Anatomy, our textbook, and my notes from class. Chocolate and water were also essential.

On Thursday, I opened my mailbox to find another care package! Yay! Thanks, Pearl!

A bunch of us celebrated the end of our exams by playing beach volleyball. We played from about 6:15 till 8:15 - good thing it's summer so the daylight lasts that long! It started to rain at the end of our last game. Perfect timing, and it felt amazing, cooling us off.

No comments:

Post a Comment