29 July 2011

more fun!

Tuesday was my first visit to the climbing wall on campus, Thursday I went again and had 3 classmates join me there. Here's Angela descending with Elizabeth on the wall,

Elizabeth climbing again,

and Martin tying in before I belayed him.

It's pretty cool that there are staff to belay you if you don't have a climbing partner or your partner isn't cleared to belay, and also the shoes and harnesses are available free of charge.

Today I rode my bike over to the Clairmont Campus. I checked out the Student Activity & Academic Center which has indoor basketball/ volleyball courts and gym equipment, and outdoor Olympic size pool, tennis courts, basketball court, and sand volleyball court. The volleyball court is a bit hard to find, you have to wind your way past all the tennis courts (there are 8 of them) and the outdoor basketball court. I came around the corner and saw a few people taking a break at the court. One of them asked if I wanted to play, so I ended up getting in 5 tough and fun games of volleyball. Next time I'll have to bring my swimsuit so I can join them jumping in the pool afterwards!

No comments:

Post a Comment