23 December 2011

tahoe, continued...

  Friday night I got to see Pearl.  We picked out some new bindings for her snowboard and then went out to sushi.  The Sushi Pier in Stateline has great sushi, but the tea and ginger aren't up to snuff.
 Walking her dog later I got to see the stars - that's something I really miss now that I'm living in a big city, surrounded by big trees at home.
 Saturday, Lisa got me a ticket to Heavenly, so Pearl, Lisa, Lisa's niece Harmony, and I all went snowboarding.  We had a fun time cruising around until about 1:00 when it started getting scary crowded.  It was a good time to leave!
 Sunday I rejoined my old worship team at Sierra Community Church for all three services.  It was really good to sit behind the piano and sing and pretend to play it again!  In the afternoon, I met up with Rick at Alpina Cafe.  We headed out to Lily Lake, stopping to admire the frozen Glen Alpine Falls.
 Rick had brought both his and his wife Pam's skates (which fit me with extra-thick socks).  We went ice skating on Lily Lake - I'd never had an opportunity to skate on natural ice before.  It was a little eerie skating over all the cracks and bubbles, but great fun!
  Monday I got to have lunch with my old roommate Trevor and yummy homemade curry with Lisa for dinner.  Tuesday I made a few turns at Sierra before heading back to the Bay.  Despite the fact that only the bunny hill was open, it was amazing to be able to ride at HOME.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, that lake is so clear. Surreal and amazing to skate on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Skating pics are so cool. I am going up to Angora with the boys on Monday. We don't have skates but it'll be fun! Great having you home.
    Noah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. noah - how was lily lake with the boys? no more of that now with snow coming, right?

      Delete
  3. Back on blog girlfriend, thanks for sharing the Lily shots of ice very cool Nancy. Literally that it's cool. :)

    dan

    ReplyDelete