16 January 2012

holidays!

Catch-up time!  I went back to the Bay Area, stopping in Folsom for lunch with Pearl and Rachana.
Next stop - Berkeley!  I strolled around campus for a bit, and did a bit of shopping.
I enjoyed dinner with my good friends Alex and Sharon and their two kids, then taught them how to tune up the edges and then wax their skis and snowboards.

Back in Cupertino, I enjoyed a relaxing time with my parents.  We decorated the Christmas tree, Christmas-shopped, and I read a bunch of books!  We enjoyed Christmas morning opening gifts, then headed out to Fremont Older Open Space for a short hike.
Boxing Day my father and I saw the movie War Horse.  Great movie!  Three days later, we took a trip to Santa Cruz with our bicycles.  We pedaled out to the wharf and saw some sea lions doing what looked to be a synchronized swimming routine!  I looked it up and discovered that it's called a "raft" when they float in a group, and that they stick their fins up out of the water as a means of regulating their body temperature.  We enjoyed lunch on the wharf, a stroll on the Boardwalk, a ride on the Giant Dipper roller coaster, riding out to the marina, the "Secret Garden," and a cool park where I tried the "King Dancer" yoga pose for the first time ever.
riding from the wharf to the Boardwalk
 "King Dancer"
 view of the Boardwalk from the wharf
synchronized sea lions
Next post will continue with New Year's weekend...

No comments:

Post a Comment