03 August 2011

learning

You go to school to learn new things, no? So, today I played ultimate frisbee for the first time ever. It was a lot of fun, although i'm pretty sure close to 100-degree heat with fairly high humidity was not the best conditions for learning!

In other "news," I baked cookies on Saturday evening, and just started another batch this evening... I've shared so many that I need more!

Walking to the bank yesterday I spotted a cool looking spider (clarification - I DON'T like spiders at all!!). I tried to take a picture of it without getting too close, but it's blurry:

It jumped down off the web before I could try again, but I got the focus better so the cool-looking web is clearer.

Here are some mushrooms that were under a tree in the quad - past tense because I think they were literally mowed down today. They have a sort of ethereal glow because the humidity caused my camera lens to fog up immediately after opening!

I don't know what flower this is, but they're pretty common here. Tiny little buds, in the yard here as well as along the road and elsewhere.

There are day-lilies growing along the driveway, they're rather cheerful and pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment