09 October 2012

in the interim

Since my last post, I've been plugging along - going to school, taking exams, climbing at the climbing wall, everything else that constitutes "normal" life here.

Here's my most prolific harvest of the season (note the penny for scale):
homegrown cucumbers and tomatoes!
All of my cucumbers were pear-shaped - the one on the right is the most any of them filled out.  The pale orange tomato decided to fall off when I picked the red one.

I've finally started getting paid for working at the climbing wall - an extra $16 a week can't hurt!  Over the summer, I got a few of the first year DPTs into climbing at the wall, now I've got a couple third years gung-ho for climbing.  My big, Kim, and Morgan tried it out for the first time at the beginning of September and have come regularly since then, and are both now belay certified as well.
kim climbing
morgan belaying kim
kim belaying morgan as she heads up to finish this route for the first time
soccer game under the lights and a spectacular sunset as i left the gym
I also spent a concentrated amount of time planning and packing - next post will cover my most recent adventure, and an epic adventure it was!!

No comments:

Post a Comment