17 September 2012

a day of thankfulness

Yesterday was a good, good day.  Maybe I should count my blessings...  Here are a few:

I started off Sunday morning waking up from a good night's sleep (1).  It was cool and comfortable weather (2), something I can't get enough of here.  My cup of tea was perfect and hot (3), the sun was shining (4), and I got all green lights on the way to church (5).  If you've ever driven Clifton Road through the Emory University campus, you know that's a pretty big deal.

I had a good time of fellowship and worship at church (6), followed by lunch with friends (7) to which one friend sneakily treated us all (8)!  In the afternoon, I went to Sarah's house (a first year DPT student) to borrow a guitar (9) for the rest of the semester.  That evening, I went to dinner with more friends and had another really good time (10).  Incidentally, I wish that dinner could be a model for international relations - we had 1 Jew, 2 Christians, and 4 Muslims all enjoying dinner and conversation together.

Later that night, before bed, I tuned the guitar and played for a while.  It makes me SO happy to have a guitar to play (#9 again)!!
such a cute little guitar it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment