13 June 2011

small scale gardening

As I've got a nice outdoor space outside my door, I've started a mini container garden. Here are my efforts so far, all with a start date of 4 June 2011:

Lettuce from seed - 7 June 2011

Lettuce from seed - 13 June 2011

Zucchini - 7 June 2011

Zucchini - 13 June 2011

Tomato - 7 June 2011

Tomato - 8 June 2011
My tomato plant has 2 visible tomatoes so far, and I believe at least one more will make an appearance tomorrow!

Tomato - 13 June 2011

Mint - 7 June 2011

Mint - 13 June 2011
The mint is from my Aunt Kathy - she dug it up from her home in Oklahoma, put it in a pot and then in a couple plastic bags, and we carried it with us!

Chrysanthemum - 13 June 2011
This chrysanthemum was here on the porch when I moved in, all dried up and dead looking. My dad chopped off nearly all the old plant and told me to water it. 9 days later - the new growth is 2" tall!

It's stayed hot and fairly humid here, although I'm told the humidity really hasn't started yet. Oh dear...

I had my first day of classes today, it was long but not bad. Thankfully, the classrooms weren't quite as cold as I expected, but the lab is FREEZING!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on starting school!

    Yep, enjoy your long, hot growing season. May it all grow like kudzu. Ok, not quite that much.

    ReplyDelete