10 January 2013

happy new year!!

New Year's was a quiet affair - another rip-roaring game of Chinese Checkers, this time just four of us while poor sick Enzo slept.  As soon as the clock struck twelve, we said "Happy New Year!" to each other and trotted off to bed.  I got up "dark and early" at 5:30 am and drove off to Tahoe.

Happy New Year to me, indeed!  I drove straight to Sierra-at-Tahoe where the sun was out, the snow was still fresh and soft, and the lines were not long at all.  I rode for a couple hours, including a couple runs with Megan and her dad, then headed down into South Lake Tahoe.
can't complain for a second about that new year's view!
In town, I was happy to have a chance to hang out with a couple of friends I hadn't seen in a while - Carrie from Sierra Community Church and Geoff, a friend from back when I started teaching snowboarding at Sierra.  Geoff treated me to dinner AND gave me a comp ticket to Heavenly!
catching up with carrie
I used that ticket the next day, meeting Marissa and two others up at Stagecoach for a few hours enjoying the snow on the Nevada side of Heavenly.  We had lunch at the Fox and Hound and headed down to see the menagerie down at the ranch in Minden.  After visiting the donkeys, goats, and horses, I made my annual visit to the dentist.
fun in the sun with marissa
view from the ranch
max the donkey hoping i still have treats for him
After the dentist, I headed back up to South Lake Tahoe where I spent time with a few more friends at 3 different locations, ending the evening swapping stories with Michelle, my former co-worker at Emerald Bay PT.
with michelle after a couple hours talking!
the hostess with the mostest - thank you, lisa!!
incredible sunrise view from lisa's back deck
On Thursday morning, I dropped by Anna's place before going back up to Sierra-at-Tahoe.  Her 3 year old is a bundle of energy!  On the way up to Sierra, I picked up Nora and Lauren - more kids I know from competitions - and rode with them until about 3:00, when I packed up and drove back to Cupertino.  It was another day with near-perfect conditions: sunshine, good snow, and bearable lift lines.
anna and talia
lauren, me, and nora
In Cupertino, I worked more on organizing and packing for my upcoming move to San Diego, then Friday my father and I took my mother's car up to Walnut Creek to be serviced.  We hung out in the Walnut Creek Library, then walked conveniently across the street to meet my old boss times two (mcg architecture and MDM Architects), Jim.  It was fun hearing about all the changes that had transpired since we had last had a chance to catch up.
lunch with jim mcclelland!

No comments:

Post a Comment