24 April 2012

savannah - hilton head - savannah

My clinical is going well, I've now been in the hospital 7 days.  I've treated a few patients, mainly getting them up out of bed and walking up and down the hallways.  It's been a great learning experience to see how one PT (my clinical instructor) does things in a setting I had never before experienced.

I've been getting off between 3:00 and 3:30 most afternoons, which leaves plenty of time to explore.  I've joined Michelle running from Forsyth Park along Bull Street to River Street.  We like to run to River Street Sweets, a big candy store that's known for fresh pecan pralines, among other goodies.
wee cokes at River Street Sweets
Michelle's and my first purchase from River Street Sweets
Spanish moss on live oaks in Forsyth Park
We took a drive to Tybee Island one afternoon and checked out the beach there.  Unfortunately it was mostly overcast, but it was still pretty.
Michelle, Aylin, and me on Tybee Island
gulls and the pier at Tybee Island
Friday we ran along River Street, avoiding the crowds at Forsyth Park since there was a free concert there.  It was a bit difficult with the cobblestones, but still a fun sight-seeing run.
Olympic torch monument
bridge to South Carolina
On the weekend, we drove out to Hilton Head Island, SC - we stayed with Aylin's parents.
Aylin and Michelle on Coligny Beach
me and Michelle on Coligny Beach
the famous Harbour Town Lighthouse
a dolphin and a pelican from the pier at Harbour Town
stopping for refreshments at Harbour Town
Aylin's family's Scottie, Maddie
driving over the bridge, back to Savannah

No comments:

Post a Comment