14 July 2012

keeping busy

The Fourth of July turned into an active day - I slept in, then ran 3 miles, cleaned house, did laundry, and went out to watch fireworks from the top floor of a parking deck on campus.  From that vantage point, we could actually see 5 or 6 different fireworks displays, and as a bonus, we got to see the one-day-past-full moon rising.
katherine, nadele, and me on michael street deck
fireworks!
nearly full moon
On Friday the 13th, it was Cow Appreciation Day at Chick-Fil-A.  Anyone who dressed like a cow would get free food - partial costumes earned a free sandwich, while "head-to-toe" costumes merited a free meal.  I had never eaten at a Chick-Fil-A before, and several friends (including Moire) had told me I really should try it.  I called Moire and suggested we go - she was all for it, so I headed to her place with black paper, packing tape, white t-shirt and shorts, and black flats.  She also donned a white t-shirt and shorts and we proceeded to dress up a couple headbands with black paper ears and noses, add black paper spots to our bodies, and Moire made us some "EAT MOR CHIKIN" signs to wear.  Rubber gloves in front as udders attached to belts sticking out the back as tails completed our costumes.
We headed to the nearest Chick-Fil-A and got our free meals, then realized that three of my classmates were also there with one of their roommates.
chick-fil-a free meal #1
caitlyn, martha, me, cow, moire, hope, and jodi
first chick-fil-a meal - people have been telling me i HAD to try it!
We weren't completely full yet, so most of us decided to make a joint venture to the next nearest Chick-Fil-A.  We scored our next free meals, although this location had a weird policy that required me to pay $0.17 for choosing lemonade as my beverage instead of soda.  By the time we got our food, we had decided we weren't actually hungry any more, so we brought our food home to save for later.
chick-fil-a free meal #2
moire, hope, me, martha, and jodi
It was a fun adventure in the pouring rain!

No comments:

Post a Comment