30 May 2011

on the road

Thursday, May 27 was the day we actually rolled out. My dad and I drove from Cupertino to South Lake Tahoe to load up my car. I finally locked up my storage area, stuffed to the gills - don't open that door unless you want things to fall on you!!

We had a last look at my Tahoe home before getting in my ridiculously overloaded car at about 4 pm...

We stopped for dinner and gasoline in Fallon, NV. For those in California - check out the $3.89 gas prices!

We spent the night in Austin, NV, then took off across the rest of Nevada and Utah. We stopped at Arches National Park just north of Moab, spent an hour to drive to the first of the actual arches and take a walk up to one of them.

Last look back at the Sierra Nevada.

North Window

For those who read Chinese, do you recognize this character?

We arrived in Durango, CO at about 9:45 pm to visit a friend I hadn't seen since our senior year in high school.

No comments:

Post a Comment